Thailand Certificate of Entry (CoE) is a necessary official document issued to Thai and non-Thai people who are allowed to enter Thailand.
Are you wondering what Certificate of Entry (CoE)is and what its function is? Everyone traveling to Thailand should be aware that a valid CoE is required during the COVID-19 epidemic.
This article will inform you about the Certificate of Entry (CoE), its prerequisites, the application process, and more.
In This Post
What is Certificate of Entry Thailand? (CoE)
The Certificate of Entry, also known as a CoE, is a letter given by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General that allows a foreign visa holder to enter Thailand on a special repatriation flight, chartered aircraft, or semi-commercial airline.
This letter will be given to airline workers before departure and to an immigration official upon arrival in Thailand.
Who Is Need To Apply For The CoE?
The following individuals are authorized to visit Thailand and must apply for a valid visa and Certificate of Entry (CoE) before going to Thailand:
- Diplomats, officials of international organizations, and their family members
- Non-Thai nationals who are spouses (holding a Thai Marriage visa), parents or children of Thai nationals
- Non-Thai nationals who have a Certificate of Permanent Residence
- Non-Thai nationals with valid work permit or letter of confirmation to work (WP3) from the relevant Thai government agency, and their spouse and children
- Non-Thai nationals who are students of formal educational establishments in Thailand as approved by Thai authorities, and their parents
- Non-Thai nationals in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19, including their accompanying persons
- Non-Immigrant visa Category OA/OX holders
- APEC Business card or Thai Elite Visa holders
- Special Tourist Visa (STV) Or Tourist Visa (TR) holders selected countries only
- Non-Immigrant visa for Business purpose, ownership of condominium or investment holders
- Non-Immigrant O visaholders
- Passport holders of Countries under the Visa Exemption Program.
Requirements for the Thailand CoE
The most important requirement for obtaining a CoE is that the applicant meets the criteria for entry into Thailand as listed on the list of eligible passengers. Before applying for the CoE, the candidate must first get the necessary Thai visa. Once the visa has been obtained, the following documents are required for the CoE application by the applicant:
- A copy of your Passport.
- A copy of The tourist visa, non-immigrant visa, or extension of stay with a re-entry permit or no visa for some countries.
- Copy of COVID-19 Travel Insurance for Thailand Policy covering COVID-19 treatment and medical expenditures with a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD.
- A copy of the confirmed flight reservation.
- A copy of the confirmed Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or accommodation booking.
What Is Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) In Thailand?
Thailand’s Alternative State Quadrant(ASQ) is a period of forced quarantine lodging at government-approved hotels for incoming international visitors. The passenger pays for all ASQ reservations.
Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has certified properties for ASQ, and they are already selling packages that can be readily booked online. These ASQ packages include accommodation, food (three meals per day), two COVID-19 tests, airport transportation, and other perks.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Thai Ministry of Public Health has mandated that all Thai and international citizens visiting Thailand get a COVID-19 PCR test with a negative result, COVID-19 health insurance, and undergo obligatory quarantine at Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facilities.
What is Quarantine?
Quarantine is a public health approach that is used to safeguard the public by restricting exposure to persons who have or may have a contagious illness, such as COVID-19.
It is the isolation and limitation of mobility of persons who have been exposed to a contagious illness like COVID-19 to see whether they get ill. These individuals may have been exposed to a disease and be unaware of it, or they may have the illness but are asymptomatic.
What is Alternative State Quarantine or ASQ?
The ASQ is a quarantine procedure that takes place in government-approved hotels in Bangkok at the cost of the guest. Many hotels and hospitals announced Alternative State Quarantine Packages for non-Thais returning from overseas. Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health and Ministry of Defense have both authorized these hotels.
What is Alternative State Quarantine or ASLQ?
ASLQ is the quarantine facility in places other than Bangkok, including Phuket, Pattaya, Buriram, and Prachinbur.
How long is the quarantine?
Beginning October 1, 2021, the required quarantine period for vaccinated passengers will be 7 days and 10 days for unvaccinated travelers, Thais or non-Thais.
Can I quarantine in my own home?
No, you can not. It is currently not feasible to quarantine at home. Only authorized hotels can quarantine you.
How much is the ASQ?
The cost of the necessary quarantine might vary based on the hotel, ranging from 28,000 THB to 220,000 THB for superior amenities, a pleasant ambiance, and a clean and safe environment.
What does the ASQ package include?
Normally, the package includes food with three meals daily, free WiFi, and a private airport shuttle. A nurse is on call 24 hours a day, and your temperature and health are checked twice daily. Additionally, the package includes two COVID-19 tests for the duration of your quarantine. If your temperature is 37.5 degrees or above, you will be admitted to the hospital.
Process to reserve ASQ/ASLQ:
- When you know the day of your arrival in Thailand, make a direct reservation at the ASQ/ASLQ hotel.
- The hotel will notify relevant airport authorities and will pick you up from the airport on your arrival date/time.
The Certificate of Entry is only valid for the date of travel specified. The CoE will include your full name, passport information, flight departure, and arrival dates, flight number, and the name of your ASQ hotel.
If you need to reschedule your trip or alter the flight arrangements, you must submit a new CoE application to acquire a new certificate with the updated flight details or ASQ hotel details.
What should you do after getting the CoE in Thailand?
After receiving your CoE, prepare the following paperwork for your Thailand trip. Before departure, it will be provided to the airline:
- Certificate of Entry (CoE)
- Valid Thailand visa in your passport
- Declaration Form.
- A medical certificate with a negative COVID -19 test result. The COVID test must be done by RT-PCR within 72 hours before departure. Some airlines may not accept home kit testing, thus please verify with your airline for particular requirements.
- A copy of a travel insurance policy with COVID coverage and a minimum of USD 50,000. The insurance coverage must cover the whole length of your stay or the period of your visa. Please print the insurance certificate as well as all pages of the COVID-19 coverage and medical benefits terms and conditions. You may be denied boarding if you are unable to demonstrate that your insurance fits these criteria.
- A copy of ASQ or SHA+ hotel booking confirmation.
- Itinerary of flight.
- A T8 Form
- Install the “Thailand Plus” App on your phone.
Certificate of Entry (CoE) FAQs:
Do you still need a CoE to enter Thailand?
Yes, you still need until the Thailand Pass system operation
How long does Thailand CoE take?
The order in which your application is received in contrast to other applications, and your arrival date in Thailand all have a part in the CoE processing timelines. However, processing time ranges from 1-15 days.
Do Thai nationals need to quarantine in Thailand?
Those planning a trip to Thailand must first spend at least 21 days in one of the recognized countries (the UK or Ireland). A stay of 21 days is not required for Thai and non-Thai citizens who live in Thailand. – Quarantined travelers must undergo COVID-19 testing.
Can you visit Thailand right now?
Yes, you can. All passengers must apply for a “Thailand Pass” before to embarking on their vacation and are subject to two mandatory Covid-19 tests: the first upon arrival by RT-PCR, and the second on Days 6-7 via a self-testing Antigen Rapid Test.
How long does it take to get a CoE?
It will take about 4-6 weeks to receive your CoE confirmation.
Can I transit through Bangkok to the Phuket sandbox?
Individuals intending to go to Phuket under the Sandbox Model will be permitted to book flights through Bangkok. The AOT (Airports of Thailand) is developing a Special Transit Area for Phuket Sandbox Passengers.
How do you get CoE for the Phuket sandbox?
The CoE application form is accessible on the official websites of both the Thai Embassy and CoE Thailand. Complete the form with your personal information, the contact information for the accommodation in Phuket where you want to stay, and the contact person.
What is Sandbox Program in Thailand?
Thailand’s new Phuket Sandbox strategy lets guests who have been vaccinated to enter without quarantine. Before Thai borders are completely restored on July 1, 2021, the program will begin.