How To Fill TM30 Form In Thailand

How to File TM30 form

How To Fill Out TM30 Form – The Notification of Residence Of Foreigners For Businesses

How to File TM30 form

What is the Notification of Residence Regulation? (The TM30 Notification in Thailand)

The Notification of Residence Regulation is known as a TM30 Notification in Thailand, which is also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where a foreigner has Stayed”.

This notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) on his/her property. All ex-pats staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

Since 1979, the laws concerning the TM30 and the obligation to report a foreigner’s stay have been in place for some time.

“House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals temporarily who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national”, according to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act.

Section 37 of the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) states that if a foreigner resident in Thailand enters another province for more than 24 hours from the time of arrival, he or she must inform the police station. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Bangkok to Phuket would cause more red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM30 reporting.

Example of TM30 Form Bangkok Property
Example of TM30 Form Bangkok Property

What is the purpose of the Notification of Residence(The TM30 Notification)?

Essentially with the TM30 form and notification, the government aims to know exactly where each foreigner is staying all the time. Every host, whether Thai or foreign, is required to report a foreigner’s stay within 24 hours.

Who should do the Notification of Residence (The TM30 Notification)?

Officially and practically, the host is responsible for reporting a foreigner’s stay:

    • Foreigners staying in an unlicensed property (unlicensed hotel or villa/condo/apartment)
    • Foreigners staying in the property of a Thai friend
    • Foreign residents who have their own home and reside in Thailand
    • Foreign residents who co-own a house or condo in Thailand

Delayed or late reporting of a foreigner may result in fines ranging from 800 THB to 1,600 THB per person.

However, if you are a visitor or renter, you cannot disregard TM30: many foreigners say that they need it when going to the Immigration office for a service, such as the 90-day reporting and sometimes even for visa extensions.

Where do I submit the TM30 Report?

To make the notification as easy as feasible, the following options are available:

– In-person at the respective office, or
– Through an authorized person at the respective office, or
– By registered mail, or
– By Online.

What do I need for TM 30?

1- Landlord Documents Needed:

    • Completed the TM30 application form.
    • Include a copy of the ID or passport of the landlord.
    • A copy of the household registration book (Tabien Baan) or title deeds of the property.
    • Copy of rental agreement.

2- Leaseholder Documents Needed:

    • A copy of the passport of the foreign renter/leaseholder
    • A photo of the foreign renter and a copy of the passport information page
    • A copy of the Visa Page
    • A copy of the arrival stamp page
    • A Copy of the departure card (TM6).

Note: All the relevant documents must be certified in blue ink by the relevant party.

A TM30 must be submitted each time you visit Thailand since your arrival number will change.

The TM30 is not the same as 90-day reporting. However, if you try to submit your 90-day report and no TM30 has been filed after your arrival, you may be punished.

Sample of Residence Certificate
Sample of Residence Certificate

How do I submit TM30 Report?

1- Submitting TM30 Report in person:

    • Gather the required documents.
    • Visit an Immigration Office
    • Wait your turn in line. This process may take anything from a few minutes to many hours, depending on how many people are there.
    • Submit the report
    • Continue to wait a few whiles longer.

2- Submitting TM30 Report by mail:

Put all of the necessary documents in an envelope. Include a self-addressed envelope along with a 10 Thai Baht postage stamp. The Immigration Officers will use it o return your Report slip indicating the next time you must report. At least 15 days before your due date, mail them to the address of your local Immigration Office.

Send by REGISTERED mail to: 

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

3- Submitting the TM30 report through an authorized person

An “in-person” report may also be done on your behalf by an authorized party. Your partner, a friend, or spouse will need your passport and a completed TM30 form.

An authorized party may also do an “in-person” report on your behalf. Your friend, your partner you’re your spouse will need your passport and a completed TM30 form.

Sample of TM30-Approval Confirmation
Sample of TM30-Approval Confirmation

4- Submitting TM30 Form with the Online Application

You can submit your TM30 application using immigration’s online registration app.

This could be the quickest and most convenient method of submitting your TM30 application.

Non-Thai landlords are also encouraged to use the app.

the Immigration App - TM30 Thailand

Step 1: Download the Immigration App (it named Section 38)for free from your Google Play or Apple Store.

the Immigration App - TM30 Thailand

Step 2: Add the requested information about the landlord and property.

the Immigration App - TM30 Thailand

Step 3: After you’ve done this, you will have received an email notification asking you to create your account with a username and password.

the Immigration App - TM30 Thailand

Step 4: Once registered, you can click on the “Notification of Residence” tab, which will take you to the main registration screen

Step 5: Fill in the tenant’s details as requested

Step 6: Press submit.

If everything is complete, the App should load a screen with the tenant’s application records!

the Immigration App - TM30 Thailand

Whether you are applying for the TM30 Thailand Reporting application online, via the post office, by an agent, or delivering it directly to immigration, it is important to keep on the right side of immigration law. Thailand is changing, and we must change with it and adhere to its immigration regulations.

What Happens If I Fail to Register?

Whether you are a Thai or a foreign landlord in Thailand, make it a point to register new visitors within 24 hours.

Even if a visitor departs and returns a month later, you need to report this again.

The fine for not reporting is 1,600 Baht per person. As a tenant or guest, you inquire with your landlord if you have already been reported. If your landlord refuses to report you, then you can try moving to another place or you can report yourself on his/her behalf. That being said, to report yourself you need the aforementioned documents from your landlord.

There are some cases when long-term tenants find out that they haven’t been reported by their landlords, and these issues often arise at the Immigration department either for a 90-day check-in or visa renewal.

If you’re a foreigner who has been staying in a property for a couple of days, you might want to befriend your landlord and enquire as to whether you have been reported.

Notification of Residence (The TM30 Notification) in Thailand FAQs

How do I get a letter of residence in Thailand?

If you live in Bangkok, you must get your Residence Certificate at the Division 1 Immigration Office on Chaengwathtana Road. In Bangkok, the certificate will cost you at least 200 baht. If you want a photo or copy services, you may find them on the first level of the immigration office.

What is a TM30 Thailand?

TM30 Notification in Thailand is The Notification of Residence Regulation, which is also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where a foreigner has Stayed.

What happens if you don’t report 90 days in Thailand?

The penalty for not reporting is 800 – 2000 Baht to the landord.

Where is TM 30 in Bangkok?

The TM. 30 must be filed to the local immigration office or the Immigration Office Headquarters in Bangkok.

How long does it take to get a residence certificate?

You will get your Domicile or Resident Certificate within 30 days of the issue date from the relevant authorities after submitting your papers and application.

Share this article:

– read more –

Related stories